Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Manifesto


The worldview I hold is a Christian oriented one. So, I live my life, to the best of my ability, with a simple statement, “Love God, Love people.” This statement is all encompassing for if you love God you will love people. God commands us to go out and make Him new disciples. Now, in order for me to do this more effectively I will be conducting an experiment and in this experiment I will be deaf and unable to talk for a whole twenty-four hours.
                Now the reason for this experiment is two-fold. The first thing is this, I want to learn what it is like to be without two of my major senses. This will naturally bring me to my second reason which is if I truly want to go out and be the light to a dark world, I believe that this experience will help me relate to certain people better, though not permanently deaf and mute it will give me insight onto how people live without these senses. 

The moment when I find myself slowly slipping into a life of despair,
I know not where to turn or where to go.
I find myself slipping into this abyss I call my life.
The silence is beckoning to come closer, unsure of where to go
I step back and go with the silence.
At that time I hear a small voice telling me to go on and go deeper.
Unsure of what will happen I have to hold onto this faith in silence,
and I realize that this faith is guiding me in a way that my
human body tells me not to go.
Yet I follow it still, my body is screaming in agony of this silence.
Then I come to grips to reality, the true reality.
The silence brought me to my Father's house.
I fall on my knees and weep for forgiveness to find,
that He has been waiting for me.
He smiles and wipes away these tears of sorrow
comforts me.
I am finally home.

No comments:

Post a Comment